Wednesday, July 27, 2011

This One Time When I Went Climbing...

Ok, so in case you didn't already know my co-workers are all uber fit athletic dudes. Not in your typical American sports of baseball and football, although I have no doubt they would excel at those as well, instead they choose the path less traveled. Or should I say the rock less traveled... hmmm...


Anyway, just a few weeks ago two of them were kind enough to take me and two of my other female co-workers climbing. I was slightly nervous as I hadn't climbed outside since high school (yikes!) but I was stoked nonetheless. The route they chose is called Steort's Ridge (picture below). It's a super mellow 5.6 route but it's pretty fun because it's 3 pitches and you get to repel down.


My running joke as of late is that I hope that some of my co-workers hardcore-ness will rub off on me and I think this is just the start of it. Following are some photos but be warned, climbing photos never seem to be that good or make anyone look attractive, just sayin'...


Talena and I taking a rest at one of the anchors Bob built.


I know it looks like I'm gingerly touching the rock but don't worry, I crushed it.



Check it out, that's me up high and Talena down low.



Sharla taking in the lovely view of Big Cottonwood Canyon



From left to right: Bob, Talena, Me. This was at the bottom of the third pitch.

We climbed that arete above Bob. So cool.


I can't wait to do it again!

No comments: