Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Deron v. Floyd...

Lately, I've taken up an interest in cycling. In fact, by the end of this week I may even have a skinny-tired ride to call my own. This new interest has lead me to use my free time (which I've had a lot of lately) to research and read up on anything and everything bike related. This lead me to stumble on the gem of a blog Bike Snob NYC. One of the more recent posts highlighted a publicity event for the upcoming Tour of Utah race held at Utah's own Miller Sports Park earlier this August. The event was a challenge between Floyd Landis, winner of the Tour de France (controversially), and the Utah Jazz point guard Deron Williams.

The contest consisted of a 2.2 mile bike race followed by a three-point shooting contest. Williams beat Landis in both events. Here's Williams in his classy Utah Jazz spandex get-up.
Hands down Williams wins the challenge. He makes bikers look hard core with all of his tatoos and facial hair, he didn't get caught doping, and he beat a pro cycler as a mere novice. Oh wait, did I mention Williams was given a one minute head start? My bad....

xoxo

No comments: