Friday, September 18, 2009

Empire State of Mind...

California was GREAT this summer so making the move back to NYC for another semester was less than thrilling. But leave it to New York (and all my friends in NY) to pull out all the stops and make me never want to leave again!*

First weekend back I went to New Hampshire with 43 of my closest friends... okay so maybe I didn't know all of them before the trip but we totally bonded. May I say New Hampshire is beautiful? We even took a little drive into Maine which did not disappoint.
Those of us that took the day trip to Kennebunkport, Maine. The seafood there was to die for!

Sean, Dave, David, Sara, and I doing a little skit for the Talent, a.k.a. No Talent show.

Carly took me to a Yankees game for my birthday. Don't worry, we were definitely in handicap designated seats. Best mistake ever made. The seats are cushy and you have loads of leg room. That night D. Jeter tied Lou Gehrig for number of hits as a Yankee, the crowd went WILD! The best part was the two middle-aged men from Connecticut that were sitting next to us and would answer all of our baseball questions and tell us trivia.

The matchy-matchiness of our outfits was NOT planned. Guess that just means we both have great taste :)
I swear, the big screen at the Stadium puts HD to shame. Makes you want to watch the whole game on the screen rather than what's right in front of you on the field.

Went to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs the other night (midnight showing... it's how we roll) and it was so cute. Love the 3D glasses, thank you Disney.


Had a piece of Banana cake for Teenie's 24th birthday. New York bakeries really are delicious (nutritious, not so much)


Have been riding my bike around NY. So far, Central Park is my favorite place. (No cars=less chance of me getting mangled... it's a win win)

I'm playing volleyball at FIT again this year. Although it takes up most nights and weekends it is so worth it. The girls are AMAZING and fun, we are currently undefeated, and I get to play my favorite sport. I love it!

Thank you NY!

BTW-If you didn't catch it already, the title of my posts is from one of Jay-Z's new songs (featuring Alicia Keys) from his album the Blueprint 3. I view it as the unofficial anthem of New York. You should check it out here.

*Tori, I know you are going to read this and be bummed... not to worry, CA still holds a fond place in my heart as well.

2 comments:

Rae said...

So glad to have you back Whit!!

Tori Lynn said...

HAHAHAHA I just read this and my thought process was seriously, "ouch/oh no/how could she say a thing like that" followed by a "oh phew there's an asterisk I hope that's for me!" :)

Love ya Whit, I'll see what kind of stops I can pull out to get ya back ;). Although I'm not sure I can compete, I have to admit everything out there sounds pretty freaking amazing!