I am a member of the Snow Club at FIT. Granted, they could have come up with a better name but the club is legit. We go on a week long trip to Colorado every year and then take two East Coast weekend trips as well. Needless to say, it's loads of fun. A large portion of the costs are covered by the schools student association but we do have to raise some money too. Our preferred method of fund raising is through bake sales. Coming from Utah, I never thought these things would really make money because you could just go home and your mom probably had something delicious waiting at home. Not the case in NY. The students and faculty at FIT can't get enough. No lie. Especially if the goods are home made.
Every bake sale I make something to contribute. This time around I went with this fab Snickerdoodle recipe from Allrecipes.com. People LOVED them. I made enough to bring to the volleyball girls too and they got devoured in no time. Every time people are shocked that they are made from scratch and that they aren't deformed, burned, or otherwise unappealing. I contribute my ability to cook/bake to growing up in Utah(and my mom) where you were always making something to bring to school or a church activity and items made from a box or bought from the store just weren't acceptable.
Now if only I could make money off of this skill....
xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We should start a NY style bakery here in Salt Lake, except everyone here could just go visit their mom. We'll have to have to figure some special draw.
Post a Comment