Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Best Bike Shop in NYC!

Today I slept in until 11AM. It felt wonderful :) Before you go thinking I'm crazy. lazy, and otherwise useless let me tell you that I am officially in my last semester of college (woo-hoo!), volleyball is now over (we took second in the region... go tigers!), and it's so close to Thanksgiving that I can almost taste the turkey. Mmmm! So after getting up, eating a delicious honeycrisp apple and doing the rest of my obligatory morning activities like brushing my teeth and checking my email, I went on a bike ride. I rode up the west side path and ran into my friend John around 50th street then kept on trucking to my final destination: the park! After trading the safe pavement of the path for the streets my rear derailleur started giving me some issues. Ugghhh... I tried to fix it myself but with no luck. (What can I say, I'm a novice) So I pulled out my iphone to see if there was a bike shop nearby. Luckily, one was less than a 2 blocks away. The guy was a bike GENIUS. He fixed my bike in no time. And by fixed I mean cleaned and lubed my gears, fixed my derailleur, made the shifting wire shorter, and tweaked a bunch of other stuff so fast I didn't even know what he was doing. My bike feels better than it did when it was new. Check it out yourself here! Happy riding!

xoxo

1 comment:

Rae said...

I think the real hero in this story is the iPhone. Always there in a bind!!